Date:      Fri, 07 Jun 2002 23:07:32 -0400
From:      "BSDNews" <bsdnews@volcanus.org>
To:        <barbish@a1poweruser.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dial-in to FBSD

Thanks for the help thus far Joe.  I was doing some of the
steps you suggested in allowing my modem to auto answer,
however once I get connected I can't see anything I type.
 I tried also using minicom and the results are similar.
 I guess I need to know what are the acceptable baud rate
for dial-in modems and if I'm doing something wrong.  Yes,
the modem does work, at least for ppp dial out on BSD and
on other OS's.  It is connected to com2 (/dev/cuaa2).
 When I do a tip com2 it says Connected.  But afterwards I
loose my local echo and can't see what I"m typing so I
have to kill the process.  What should I do next?