Date:      Fri, 3 May 2002 18:47:01 -0400
From:      "E. J. Cerejo" <ecerejo@zapo.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Transfer speed

I have a box running FreeBSD and win2K and a laptop running win2k, when I have
both of these machines connected to each other and if both are running win2k
I can transfer files between them very fast for example 20 meg file will take
seconds to transfer but I'm running FreeBSD and connect the laptop it will
take forever to transfer a 20 meg file and I can see in gkrellm that it's
only transfering at a rate of (more or less) 40 Kbs.  Does anyone have any
idea why it is so slow?  Thanks