Date:      Thu, 5 Oct 2000 21:51:54 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org (Michael Lucas)
Cc:        jim@lust.geekhouse.net (Jim Mock), hamellr@heorot.1nova.com (Rick Hamell), freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD Magazine (Advertiser Responses)

> There's a slew of publishers who are willing to publish *advanced* BSD
> books, if you can write both device drivers and documentation.

I will write one of these, if FreeBSD ever freezes its kernel
APIs long enough to do so accurately.

The problem with writing an advanced book is that FreeBSD will
not commit to the moral equivalent of DDI/DKI, and revises its
APIs too frequently for the time it takes to do an advanced
book.

Unlike beginner books, advanced books take about 2080 hours for
an author to complete.  For the math-concious among you, you
will recognize that as 40 hours/week * 52 weeks/year, or about
one year of full time work.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---