Date:      Fri, 18 May 2012 11:31:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Sean C. Farley" <scf@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-office@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Maho Nakata <maho@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: OpenOffice 3.4.0 issues

On Fri, 11 May 2012, Sean C. Farley wrote:

> I admit upfront that I have been playing with the build for
> editors/openoffice-3 such as removing gconf and gnome-vfs.  Also, I
> disabled bdb in textproc/redland.  A few things caught my eye, but I
> want to confirm with others.
>
> 1. The configuration for my user was being created here:
> /usr/local/openoffice-3.4.0/openoffice.org3/program/../program/../.openoffice.org
>
> Without permissions to create that directory I get:
> [Java framework] Error in function createSettingsDocument (elements.cxx).
> javaldx failed!
>
> Otherwise, it works fine.
>
> 2. Permissions on most directories under /usr/local/openoffice-3.4.0
> were 775.  umask for root is 022.  However, the package I created (via
> portmaster -g) installed on another system (with portmaster -P) with
> correct permissions.
>
> Can anyone confirm my observations?  Please keep me on Cc.

Here is my fix.  I modified
/usr/local/openoffice-3.4.0/openoffice.org3/program/bootstraprc by
changing:
UserInstallation=$ORIGIN/../.openoffice.org/3
to:
UserInstallation=$SYSUSERCONFIG/.openoffice.org/3

Does anyone else see their user directory being created under
/usr/local/openoffice-3.4.0/openoffice.org3/.openoffice.org?

Sean
--
scf@FreeBSD.org