Date:      Fri, 30 Jun 2006 09:42:14 -0500
From:      "Rick C. Petty" <rick-freebsd@kiwi-computer.com>
To:        Oliver Lehmann <oliver@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 2 * DVI configuration

On Fri, Jun 30, 2006 at 07:43:02AM +0200, Oliver Lehmann wrote:

> I probably want to stick with radeon since I use an amd64 and there is - as
> far as i know - no dualhead supporting driver (the xorg one) with dualhead
> support for nvidea. The second point is that I don't want to spend much

Both the nv(4) and x11/nvidia-driver drivers support multi-head.  In fact
I've setup 3-4 heads using two cards, each with dual support.

> So right now I'm thinking about buying 2 PCI radeon cards and kick the AGP
> one out - will that work properly?

It shouldn't matter what cards/slots you put the video cards in, X.org
supports multi-head configurations with different and similar cards.  The
only problem I've seen is with motherboards that have onboard video, I've
not been able to use both the onboard video and a video card at the same
time.

-- Rick C. Petty