Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 1995 11:19:45 +0300 (MSK)
From:      "Maksim Stolyarov" <mns@td.lpi.ac.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Help! Problem with root shell :(

	Dear Folks!

	1. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to Everybody!

	2. Alarm! (or BEDA! in Russian :) Please help!
	   Situation:

	   Accidentally I've changed root shell to *non-existent* one.
	   vipw honestly warned about it. I stupidly missed the event.
	   Evidently I can not login neither as root nor as su now.
	   I rebooted the box into single mode (boot -s) in oder to
	   correct my mistake with vipw. BUT

	   In single mode / is mounted in my system as readonly! And
	   I can do nothing with ``writable tools'' like vipw.

	Ideas? What should I change for mounting / as RW in single mode?

	Please send mail to   mns@lpi.ac.ru   because I can not even
	start my home uucp to get mails (including FBSD ones) from
	my Institute :(

	Specifics: FreeBSD 2.1 (great System, really)

	Thank you in advance, best wishes,

							Maksim.
---
Maksim N. Stolyarov  -> mns@lpi.ac.ru <-
 Department of Theoretical Physics,
  Lebedev Physical Institute, RAS
Leninskii 53, 117924, Moscow, Russia
fax: +7(95)135-8533, tel: +7(95)132-6024