Date:      Fri, 03 Mar 2006 18:13:18 +0000
From:      Gary Palmer <gpalmer@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   intel i810 graphics card

Hi,

A relative is trying to install FreeBSD on an old Dell desktop with an
i810 graphics card.  Xorg won't start as there is no DRM support in the
FreeBSD kernel for that card (at least that I can find).  Is there any
way of getting a decent resolution on that card?  I tried the VGA
driver, but it claimed there was insufficient memory for anything other
than some 320x2?? resolution which is next to useless.  I'm suspecting
that since it probably "borrows" memory from the main memory, without a
special driver they're stuck.  Anyone got ideas?

Thanks,

Gary