Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 1997 21:58:40 PDT
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 8 days until 2.2.5... Administrative notices.

Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com> wrote:
>Can't you have it print the average throughput since it began, and
>therefore the time-remaining since it began based on it's throughput so
>far, rather than averaging it 25 second chunks?

It would be less accurate, but perhaps that's what people want.  E.g.
if you transfer 50% of a file over an unloaded link, and then start a
competing stream, your time remaining will be underestimated for the
whole remainder of the transfer, instead of trending towards the
correct answer after a few seconds.  I'll try printing both estimates
so we can see how they compare.

  Bill