Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2008 11:00:08 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
To:        Patrick Collins <normalbloke@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: TS-7200 and FreeBSD

Patrick Collins wrote this message on Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:22 +1000:
> I am designing a marine navigation and monitoring system and am
> considering using the Technologic TS-7200 with FreeBSD. I would like
> to use FreeBSD because I am very familiar with it but support for the
> TS-7200 seems to be limited. Would I be better off using NetBSD or
> Linux. I would appreciate your honest opinion on this.
>
> Does anyone have a kernel configuration file for the TS-7200.

As long as you don't need ethernet (reliably) and possibly willing to
write any additional device drivers you might need, it works, though
a bit slowly.  The ethernet works enough to mount root over nfs, but
in some cases, a ping packet will not be able to be transmitted.

--
  John-Mark Gurney				Voice: +1 415 225 5579