Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2012 15:10:43 -0400
From:      Rick Miller <vmiller@hostileadmin.com>
To:        Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Find run-time dependancies recursively for FreeBSD port

Thanks Matthew...

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 2:35 PM, Matthew Seaman
<m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk> wrote:
> On 21/03/2012 16:51, Rick Miller wrote:
>> I can get run-time depends by executing make run-depends-list or all
>> dependancies by running make all-depends-list. =A0Is there a way to get
>> all run-time depends recursively (I don't need the build depends or
>> their depends)?
>
> If your INDEX is up to date:
>
> =A0 % cd /usr/ports
> =A0 % make search name=3Dpackagename-1.2.3 display=3Drdeps
>
> or
>
> =A0 % make search path=3Ddevel/foo display=3Drdeps

The problem here is that this does not return recursive results,
meaning run-time dependancies of run-time dependancies.  Having said
that, These commands provide me some alternatives in a script I am
writing to ascertain this data for me.

--=20
Take care
Rick Miller