Date:      Sat, 6 Jan 2001 15:46:58 -0500
From:      Dug Song <dugsong@monkey.org>
To:        Robert Watson <rwatson@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        security@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Antisniffer measures (digest of posts)

see http://www.cs.jhu.edu/~smang/sshproject.html

> End-to-end encryption is probably the answer to the problems seen by this
> user -- however, FreeBSD has relatively poor IPsec integration due to lack
> of IKE in the base system, making configuration and management of IPsec
> somewhat of a nightmare.

monkey-in-the-middle attacks are certainly possible against IPsec's
IKE as well, especially with the fervent push toward opportunistic
encryption (resulting in "opportunistic" exploits :-)

-d.

p.s. thank you for the nice summary, Robert. this is a busy list!

---
http://www.monkey.org/~dugsong/