Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 2002 13:12:15 -0700
From:      Joshua Lokken <jolok@myrealbox.com>
To:        FreeBSD quest <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ASSISTANCE

8/23/2002 11:44:11 AM, Marty Landman <marty@face2interface.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there any particular reason the FBI doesn't chase these idiots down? I'm
>really starting to get peeved by the tons of spam I/all of us get all the
>(*#$ time.
>
>Marty
>
>At 05:13 PM 8/23/02 +0100, Frank Langa wrote:
>>FROM: COL. FRANK LANGA.
>>DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF CONGO.
>>Tel No: Your country Intl. access code + 8821652098236
>>email : franklanga@rediffmail.com

Question:  Can anyone recommend a good method for spam avoidance, or
recommend some online docs about the subject?  I've noticed some folks
adding words or characters to their email addresses, with instructions for how
to 'strip down' the address for responding.  How does that work, exactly?

Thanks,

--
Joshua

"First things first -- but not necessarily in that order"
                -- The Doctor, "Doctor Who"