Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 08:40:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/12732: devel/glib12 build fails

The following reply was made to PR ports/12732; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To: "Dmitry S. Sivachenko" <dima@Chg.RU>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 09:35:36 -0600 (MDT)

 Hi,

 On Wed, 21 Jul 1999, Dmitry S. Sivachenko wrote:

 > >Synopsis:       devel/glib12 build fails

 > >Environment:
 >
 > FreeBSD-2.2.8-RELEASE, 227upgrade-1998.12.17, Current ports tree
 > (cvsupped today).

 > When I am trying to build glib12 port, it fails on build stage with
 > 'cannot open Makefile' message. Regardless it has GNU configure, there
 > is no messages during configure stage. It looks like USE_LIBTOOL is
 > not properly handled (moreover, there were no messages about 'checking
 > dependencies...')

 The problem is, as you surmise, w/ the USE_LIBTOOL option.  I have a
 machine that is still running 2.2.8 and I couldn't get this to work either
 after trying a few things.  Not sure what you can do to get around this -
 maybe someone else has ideas.  Note also that the ports are not being
 supported for 2.2.8 anymore, just the current -STABLE branch (3.2).

 Brett
 Brett Taylor            brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu *
                         brett@daemonnews.org              *
 							  *