Date:      Tue, 7 Mar 1995 00:43:22 -0800 (PST)
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@ref.tfs.com>
To:        pete@pelican.com (Pete Carah)
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: more ETXTBSY bugs

> In article <9503062157.AA19959@cs.weber.edu> Terry writes:
> >I'd like to see the people seeing the thrashing problems add about 16M
> >of swap without doing any extra apllications and see what happens.  If

This is the same as the "chatter bug" and it is well understood now.
don't try this, and if you do: after some time you will see on "vmstat -m"
that you have a LOT of vnodes, more than sysctl(kern.maxvnodes), and
you will also loose diskspace...

	:
	# Hello is a one-line static-linked program.
	while true
	do
		cp hello a10
		./a10
		rm -f a10
	done

Now we're just waiting for David to get well and fix it...

Poul-Henning

--
Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@login.dknet.dk>
TRW Financial Systems, Inc.