Date:      Fri, 12 Jul 2002 16:18:21 +0200
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ant@overclockers.at>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   autoconf/aclocal woes at building lyx-1.1.6

Hello list(s),
  (I am crossposting because I am not sure if this is -stable related
  or just the usual "building error" stuff that happes from time to
  time.)

  So I am trying to build and install lyx-1.1.6 on a machine running
  4.6-STABLE as of Jul 08 and it works just fine building tex and
  latex and all the dependent stuff, but at some point when it comes
  to building lyx itself, it stops with one or two errors like this:

  WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
  WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
  WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

  WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
  WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
  WARNING: `acconfig.h':

  WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
  WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

  WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
  WARNING: documentation.
  aclocal.m4:3191: error: m4_defn: undefined macro:
  _m4_divert_diversion
  autoconf/functions.m4:1053: AM_FUNC_OBSTACK is expanded from...
  aclocal.m4:3191: the top level
  autoheader: autom4te failed with exit status: 1
   at /usr/local/bin/autoheader line 163
   gmake[1]: *** [stamp-h.in] Error 1
   gmake[1]: Leaving directory
   `/usr/ports/print/lyx/work/lyx-1.1.6/src'
   gmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
   *** Error code 2

   (Don't think the WARNING:s have anything to do with the error
   tough)

   I don't know exactly what this is related to. I've tried building
   it on another machine with 4.6-STABLE (as of Jul 01 I think) and it
   bails with the same error.

   What's wrong here? I am not really familiar with that m4 language
   but didn't find anything obviously wrong in the files mentioned
   in the above error. autoheader is a perl script and does not show
   anything strange either. I am sure I am missing something here.

   Any ideas?

TIA
regards
--