Date:      Wed, 31 Jul 1996 13:58:45 -0700
From:      "M.R.Murphy" <mrm@Mole.ORG>
To:        graichen@axp5.physik.fu-berlin.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: tcp/ip over lp0

> there do these errors come from ? - is there any timing i may change to get it
> working or is it the hardware (i had it working between the two machines some
> time ago - but now some parts of them have changed - and the cable was
> different) ? - or can it be that the cable is too long (it's really long -
> about 5 meters or so) ?
>
> does anyone have any ideas ? nate ? - thanks in advance

TCP over parallel port worked fine for me with a 486DX2/66 laptop to
a p5/133. Very different speed cpu's in that case, and about 50Kbytes/sec.
I think you're on the right track with the cable. Mine was an 8ft commercial
molded cable.

--
Mike Murphy  mrm@Mole.ORG  +1 619 598 5874
Better is the enemy of Good