Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 2003 17:45:19 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Ian Barnes <ian@cerebellum.za.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PHP.ini

--Dxnq1zWXvFF0Q93v

On Sat, Nov 15, 2003 at 07:08:40PM +0200, Ian Barnes wrote:

> I am having problems parsing php variables.
>=20
> say now i goto http://www.testdomain.com/index.php?news=3DTODAY its not
> carrying the news=3DTODAY variable to the next page.
>=20
> I have gone through my php.ini file and i cant find any problems. Now im
> fairly sure that it is my php.ini file thats causing the problems. Attach=
ed
> is my php.ini, if someone could find a fault i would be most gratefull.

register_globals is turned off for security reasons nowadays.  You
should be very careful of turning off register_globals on any machine
exposed to the internet.

The recommended way to access the CGI data is through the $_GET[]
array (or $_POST[] for scripts that work by that action)

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                      Savill Way