Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 1995 16:04:43 -0600 (CST)
From:      Joe Greco <jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com>
To:        jdp@polstra.com (John Polstra)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hummin security check output (fwd)

> In article <199510311436.IAA09855@brasil.moneng.mei.com> Joe Greco writes:
> > Something is suddenly wreaking havoc with this machine's VM on a
> > nightly basis (probably news-related)...
>
> Is your INN configured to use MMAP?

Alas, no, under 2.0.5R it was too unstable (I had been running with MMAP
under 2.0R).

I would REALLY like to be able to do this in the future  :-)  as it seems to
be a major performance win.  INN is currently writing out the entire active
file every 40 articles, and the file is 1MB++ - so that's at least twice a
minute.  :-(

... Joe