Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 14:51:29 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Edward Ing <inge@home.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: TCP/IP on LAN drops after a few minutes.

Please don't forget to copy -questions on your replies.

On Monday, 15 March 1999 at 21:51:19 -0500, Edward Ing wrote:
>> The next thing would be to query the PR database.  There I see:
>>
>>> Number:         4292
>>> Category:       kern
>>> Synopsis:       le0 (DE203) goes OACTIVE after some time
>>> Confidential:   no
>>> Severity:       serious
>>> Date-Required:
>>> Submitter-Id:   current-users
>>> Arrival-Date:   Wed Aug 13 03:10:01 PDT 1997
>>> Closed-Date:
>>> Last-Modified:  Sun Oct 12 06:57:35 PDT 1997
>>> Originator:     Olaf Erb
>>> Release:        FreeBSD 2.2-STABLE i386
>>
>> Looking in more detail,
>
> Now I tried the PR search myself by using a query. But I did not get an
> answer. How did you search it?

Yes, I knew somebody would ask me that.  I have direct access to
freefall.FreeBSD.org, so I just entered:

  $ query-pr -t le0

I've just checked, and you can submit queries via the web at
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr-summary.cgi?query.  Enter "le0"
in the field "Text in single-line fields:", and you'll find three of
them, the most recent only entered yesterday :-)

> Anyways, I have three of these DE203 lying around.  Would it be
> worthwhile for me to send FreeBSD one of these for testing debug
> purposes. Or is it almost obsolete and not worth the time to fix it.

I was wondering about that.  It seems that there's a workaround, so I
don't know if it's worth the trouble.  Let's see if somebody picks it
up.

Greg