Date:      Thu, 3 Jun 1999 01:55:32 -0400
From:      Lee Cremeans <lcremeans@erols.com>
To:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [Fwd: Good news from NVIDIA]

On Wed, Jun 02, 1999 at 11:42:33PM -0600, Wes Peters wrote:
> Johan Jansson wrote:
> >
> > NVIDIA has released OpenGL drivers for Linux/X, with source, for all
> > their chipsets. It also seems they intend these to be used as a base
> > for other platforms as well (BeOS for example). Here is from the faq:
> >
> > "This distribution is meant to tide-us-over until that time, as well
> > as provide source for other platforms that want RIVA support."
> >
> > I think this is extremely good news. The drivers and faq can be
> > accessed from here:
> >
> > http://www.nvidia.com/Marketing/Products/Pages.nsf/pages/NVIDIA_Drivers
>
> Does anyone know how/if/when this will bleed over to FreeBSD?  A
> killer cheap OpenGL box might be kinda fun to have, and I'm already
> in the market for another desktop.  TNT cards have gotten pretty
> cheap...

The people running the Matrox G200 GLX development effort are also handling
this (I'm on the g200-dev list and can see the commit messsages). The G200
part, at least, works great under FreeBSD, so I'd assume getting the nVidia
part to work would be trivial.

-lee...however, I don't have a TNT to play with.