Date:      Sat, 06 Apr 2002 17:51:57 -0000
From:      "ozkan_kirik" <ozkan_kirik@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Abit different ping problem :(

i tryed to allow to all packets but didnt work. & then i decided to
configure my Kernel again.
in my kernel:
IPFIREWALL
IPSTEALTH
BRIDGE

my defaultrouter="193.255.128.1"

when i try to ping anywhere even my router, i got: "Permission
denied"
& then i do this:
# ipfw add allow all from 193.255.128.1 to any
# ipfw add allow all from any to 193.255.128.1

then i tried to ping 193.255.128.1
now i got: "Host is down" !!!
but other computers on network can ping to 193.255.128.1
for example this PC can ping to all computers except to my firewall.

WARNING: i am trying to setup a firewall. my firewall is not before
router because it still has problems. it is on LAN as a normal
computer.

Waiting 4 yr helps.
With my best regards.
**Ozkan KIRIK**