Date:      Sat, 15 Nov 2003 11:55:58 -0600
From:      Vulpes Velox <kitbsdlists@HotPOP.com>
To:        "Jaques du Plessis" <jaquesdp@webmail.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HI     ATA0 Resseting Device Error

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003 19:29:19 +0200
"Jaques du Plessis" <jaquesdp@webmail.co.za> wrote:

> Hi i have found the following error on 4.8 4.9 but 5.1
> works except that the bootloader in 5.1 doesnt work many
> other people found the same problem thought it would be
> sorted in 4.9..
>
> What can i do to avoid the ATA0 Resetting Device in 4.9?

If find it a little odd that it happens in 4.8/9 but not in 5.1. I have seen
something like this twice. Once was bad cables and the other time the drive was
getting ready to die. Are they both on the same drive? If so I would really
begin suspecting that there may be a drive problem... such as the disk going bad
in a spot. I have had this happen to me one, the drive for the most part would
read everything fine till it got to one part, thankfully  I was able to replace
it in time befor it totally failed.

You may want to check around on current and stable lists if the hardware checks
out good.