Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 10:12:11 -0800
From:      Michael Peer <mpeer@cccd.edu>
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cd changer

Hello,

Joerg from the FreeBSD news group directed me to you for questions on the
nakamichi 7 disk cdrom changer below is a copy to those messages.

My original question was, I have one I understand others have them, and they
are known to work, it looked to me to be a no brainer, but mine doesn't
work.  It only sees the first two disks, and that's it.

Some background:
I have tried it on 2.1.0R and 2.0.5R.  2.1.0 has AHA-2940, and 2.0.5 has
AHA-1540.  I have tried making my own devices.  All of this to no avail.
The error message I get is Device not configured.  I have tried this device
on a widnows, and windows NT systems and it works fine.

Any help would be appreciated, I'm at a loss.

As Michael Peer wrote:

> >The Nakamichi is known to work.  Do you have it on an NCR controller?
> >The old NCR driver didn't allow for targets using LUNs != 0, i think.
> >

> I have tried it on a FreeBSD 2.0.5 with a adaptec 1540B controller, and
> 2.1.0 with adaptec 2940 controller.

Please, ask the people at freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org for help.  I don't
have one, nor have i ever seen it.  But i know that there are guys who
had it working.

--
cheers, J"org

e-mail:  mpeer@cccd.edu