Date:      Fri, 6 Sep 1996 17:45:25 +0100 (BST)
From:      Gordon Henderson <gordon@drogon.net>
To:        Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
Cc:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CCD Setup woes ... (Kernel Panic)

On Sat, 7 Sep 1996, Peter Childs wrote:

> :   ccdconfig -c -v ccd0 32 none /dev/sd1f /dev/sd2f
>
> : which resulted in a kernel panic. The message is:
>
> :   vm_bounce_alloc: b_bufsize(0x80) < b_count(0x200) !!
> :   panic: vm_bounce_alloc
>
>  Ok.. quick sanity check :)  What version of FreeBSD are you
>  using, and you don't have the disks already mounted somewhere
>  do you?

2.1.5R. None of them were mounted. (they do/did have valid file systems on
them because I did mount them at one stage to test them but I made sure
they were unmounted when I was trying the ccd stuff. (besides, the machine
had crashed & rebooted several times anyway and they are not mentioned in
the fstab file)

>  And you did have the pseudo-device ccd 2 or whatever in your
>  kernel file..

Yes. (4) The kernel boots & recognises it. I did have one minor problem
at one time because I have an /etc/ccd.conf file and I didn't realise
that there was a ccdconfig -C in /etc/rc ... machine boot, machine
panic, etc... Good job I'd left a generic kernel there...

Gordon