Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 1999 15:04:24 +0200
From:      Poul-Henning Kamp <phk@critter.freebsd.dk>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>
Cc:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@flood.ping.uio.no>, dan.langille@dvl-software.com, security@FreeBSD.ORG, Mike Nowlin <mike@argos.org>
Subject:   Re: named timeouts

In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.990616085953.21488C-100000@jade.chc-chimes.com>, Bill Fumerola writ
es:
>On Wed, 16 Jun 1999, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:
>
>> AHA!!!  You never owned a HP calculator!  Clearly a math weenie with
>> a TI style "just type it as it is written" attitude :-)
>
>There is a constant T1-8x vs. HP-48 battle at my office. It's fun to watch
>the people who are used to HP-48s try and work the Windows Calculator.

One of my old friends is a teacher.  He got annoyed when the kids would
borrow his calculator all the time, so I gave him my old HP15.  He told
me it only took about two days for the rumour to run through the school
that he "was so good at math that his calculator didn't have an equal
sign on it!" :-)

FreeBSD -- It will take a long time before progress goes too far!