Date:      Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:23:09 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Matt Piechota <piechota@argolis.org>
To:        Ian Cartwright <ian351c@home.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: IPSec VPN Client behind Firewall

On Sun, 1 Apr 2001, Ian Cartwright wrote:

> I have been trying to install the Nortel Contivity Extranet Client on a
> Windows 2000 box behind my FreeBSD firewall. The firewall is FreeBSD-STABLE
> (as of about amonth ago) with ipfw and nat running. After, scanning as many
> newsgroups, mailing lists and web pages as I could find on the subject, I
> have still not found a way to do this... I have seen a couple discussion in
> this newsgroup and a (hopefully) promising patch to ipfilter that may help
> me (and whoever else is out there with my problem)...

Depending on your setup, this could work for you:
I too use the Nortel Client and a FreeBSD-STABLE firewall on my home
network.  My setup uses private internel IPs and one public IP from my
cable provider.  I set up natd to forward all packets from
$nortel_switch_ip to the internal box.  It's not ideal, but it does work.

If you want more info, let me know.

--
Matt Piechota
Finger piechota@emailempire.com for PGP key