Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 2019 18:42:29 -0700
From:      Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
To:        "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
Cc:        starikarp@dismail.de, "ipfw@FreeBSD.org" <ipfw@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: amazonaws

On Tue, Aug 6, 2019 at 6:23 PM Rodney W. Grimes <
freebsd-rwg@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net> wrote:

> > Hi!
> >
> > Is it possible to bl;ock compute.amazonasws.com with ipfw firewall. I
> > have a table with many amazonasws IPs but every time when I start
> > Firefox it shows the new one (I am checkong with tcpdump).
>
> Since it is almost impossible to keep up with the IP's....

This is not even remotely true.

https://ip-ranges.amazonaws.com/ip-ranges.json

is kept up-to-date, and you can subscribe to an SNS topic to be notified of
changes:

arn:aws:sns:us-east-1:806199016981:AmazonIpSpaceChanged

You could put the entire contents, or a portion of it, in an ipfw table and
swap tables atomically upon change.

--=20

"Well," Brahm=C4=81 said, "even after ten thousand explanations, a fool is =
no
wiser, but an intelligent person requires only two thousand five hundred."

- The Mah=C4=81bh=C4=81rata