Date:      Sat, 18 Dec 2004 00:14:55 -0500
From:      Joe Altman <fj@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Screen usage... was: Xorg/laptop

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 03:21:28PM -0500, Joe Altman wrote:

<snip>

I mentioned my laptop config, and here it is (or was):

#font8x8="iso-8x8"
#font8x14="iso-8x14"
#font8x16="iso-8x16"
#font8x8="iso02-8x8.fnt"
#allscreens_flags="80x60"

And here is why it is likely to be useless for me: with things set as
above, using the latter two lines, I see a behavior similar to the
issue I reported some months ago on my IBM laptop, where startx
successfully invokes windowmaker, but the display on tty9 stays
black. The issue some months ago was related to a bug introduced into
the code for the ATI Rage Mobility. I wonder if the two things are
related.

Commenting the lines in rc.conf, and rebooting, solves the issue. So I
guess I don't get the finer resolution.