Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2007 11:51:30 +0100
From:      Mike <michel.boto@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Flash with Firefox 2

Nagy László Zsolt wrote:
> You need to install the linux version. Flash plugin is not supported
> in the FreeBSD version. In Linux compatibility mode, the flash plugin
> makes the browser unstable. Too bad. :-(

I found the newest linux Flash plugin (v9) is unstable.  However the
older one, v7, works fine with linux-firefox for audio and video (I
didn't try the microphone or webcam stuff).  I am happily running both
the Flash 7.0 r69 and Blackdown Java 1.4.2 plugins in Linux Firefox
2.0.0.2.  It's not enough to view Flash 8 or later, but it'll work for
YouTube and most other sites that use 7 or earlier.