Date:      Thu, 09 Mar 1995 15:31:18 EST
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@x.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Re: BSD Consortium?

>> Actually, this was first considered some time ago, and was discussed
>> at length by Robert Withrow, myself, and others.

>I probably have the news article I posted about it.  At the time
>I proposed it `those who know everything' loudly lambasted it
>as the stupidest idea any mortal ever had.

Yup. I'd say that there's a really deeply entrenched tradition for
doing just that! :-) Having really thick skin is a definite necessity.

>  ``Just look how
>the X consortium has destroyed window systems!'' they said.

Yeah, we work really really hard at that. Too bad there's only really
one window system that needs to be destroyed and we don't seem to be
able to do much about it.

--

Kaleb KEITHLEY