Date:      Thu, 27 Sep 2012 08:53:31 -0400
From:      John Baldwin <jhb@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Cc:        Garrett Cooper <yanegomi@gmail.com>, Olivier  =?iso-8859-1?q?Cochard-Labb=E9?= <olivier@cochard.me>, Marcin Cieslak <saper@saper.info>
Subject:   Re: enc(4) uninitialized in -current?

On Wednesday, September 26, 2012 6:42:19 pm Garrett Cooper wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 3:33 PM, Olivier Cochard-Labb=E9
> <olivier@cochard.me> wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM, Marcin Cieslak <saper@saper.info> wro=
te:
> >> I have just updated by 9.0-something laptop to 10.0-CURRENT r240948
> >> and it very quickly panics after enabling network with IPsec
> >> (I am using IPsec w/racoon for IPv4 over 802.11, also using
> >> tunelled IPv6).
> >
> > I don't know if it's related, but one of the first dmesg message
> > displayd on my -current (rev 240921) is:
> >
> > module_register: module enc already exists!
> > Module enc failed to register: 17

I suspect this is the root cause and that the "wrong" global variable is be=
ing=20
used in ipsec_output.c due to duplicate symbols.

OTOH, have you created an enc0 device?  I can't find anything that=20
automatically creates it.
=20
>     Not 100% sure, but DEV_ENC might need to be specified in your
> $KERNCONF. IPv6 also has IPSEC built in... does this issue occur when
> IPv6 is disabled/not built into your kernel?

Just one point: you do not need DEV_ENC.  If you have 'device foo', config(=
8)=20
automatically enables a corresponding DEV_FOO option if it is listed in=20
sys/conf/options*.

=2D-=20
John Baldwin