Date:      Sun, 7 Mar 1999 23:36:47 -0500 (EST)
From:      jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>
To:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: More than one parallel-port in FreeBSD-3.1?  How do you do it?

Today Thomas David Rivers wrote:

> device          lpt0    at isa? port? tty irq 7 vector lptintr
> device          lpt1    at isa? port? tty
>

> But - perusing the man pages and LINT doesn't seem to point out
> exactly how to accomplish defining lpt1 in 3.1-RELEASE (with the
> new ppc driver...)
>
> Has someone done this?

Yes.

> If so, could you send me an example?

I don't see why not.  :)  This works for me, I don't know if it
is the Right Way or not.

controller  ppbus0
controller  ppbus1
device      nlpt0   at ppbus0
device      nlpt1   at ppbus1
#
controller  ppc0    at isa? port ? tty irq 7
controller  ppc1    at isa? port "IO_LPT2" tty irq 5

Jack O'Neill                    Systems Administrator / Systems Analyst
jack@germanium.xtalwind.net     Crystal Wind Communications, Inc.
          Finger jack@germanium.xtalwind.net for my PGP key.
   PGP Key fingerprint = F6 C4 E6 D4 2F 15 A7 67   FD 09 E9 3C 5F CC EB CD
               enriched, vcard, HTML messages > /dev/null