Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 2002 21:31:12 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Nick Hibma <n_hibma@van-laarhoven.org>
To:        Tomas Pluskal <plusik@pohoda.cz>
Cc:        "freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org" <freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org>, "freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: umass0: BBB reset failed, TIMEOUT

For the record: The problem is the fact that the device gets confused
when a command is sent to it on the control pipe while at the same time
it is working on a BBB command that came in on the bulk pipe earlier.
This happens during attach.

The solution is to postpone the inquiry command that CAM sends until
attach has finished completely (including sending the attach event to
userland (it requests string descriptors from the device after
umass_attach has finished)).

The change I committed earlier today doesn't work as CAM does XPT
actions synchroneously. I expected them to be asynchroneous, especially
when a SCSI_BUSY error is returned. Nevertheless that change is a
correct one as we do not want anything to happen until we are completely
finished with initialising the device.

Tomas is testing changes I proposed at the moment.

Nick

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Tomas Pluskal wrote:

n_hibma@van-laarhoven.org                  http://www.van-laarhoven.org/
n_hibma@FreeBSD.org                        http://www.etla.net/~n_hibma/