Date:      Mon, 13 Jul 2015 00:08:15 +0200
From:      Svatopluk Kraus <onwahe@gmail.com>
To:        John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <freebsd-arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Video on BBB detected, but no output..

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 9:51 PM, John-Mark Gurney <jmg@funkthat.com> wrote:
> I've heard that FreeBSD now supports vidoe on BBB.  I decided to try
> that w/ the recent June 25th snap (I thought I d/l'd the July 1st, but
> apparently didn't):
> FreeBSD beaglebone 11.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 11.0-CURRENT #0 r284814: Thu Jun 25 20:55:47 UTC 2015     root@releng2.nyi.freebsd.org:/usr/obj/arm.armv6/usr/src/sys/BEAGLEBONE  arm
>
> It detects the display properly, but it does not appear to output
> anything to the TV.  I cannot select the input as the TV claims that
> there is nothing connected...
>
> Vendor: [SAM] Samsung
> Product: [0B92] SAMSUNG
> [...]
> Number of extension blocks: 1
> fb0: detected videomode: 1440x900 @ 60KHz
> fbd0 on fb0
> VT: initialize with new VT driver "fb".
>
> There does appear to be a getty running:
> 607 v0  Is+   0:00.02 /usr/libexec/getty Pc ttyv0
>
> Comments?  Suggestions?

Hmm, I did try some gonzo's work-in-progress patches before he
commited them. I had a problem with some monitors because of not to
much robust method how video clocks frequencies are selected.
Fortunatelly, I had another monitor which was able to show video
signal frequencies even if the video output was out of supported
range.

Svatopluk Kraus