Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 16:09:14 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Jesus Rodriguez <jesusr@ncsa.es>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@scc.nl>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org, jesusr@freebsd.org, Tim Vanderhoek <vanderh@ecf.utoronto.ca>
Subject:   Re: ports/13060: linux_base-5.2 fails to install

On 11-Aug-99 Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> Tim Vanderhoek wrote:

>> > # ELF interpreter /compat/linux/lib/ld-linux.so.2 not found
>> > # execution of script failed
>> > # --
>> > #
>> > NEEDLOADLINK=           true
>>
>> Although the PR was submitted from a machine dated Aug. 9.  That
>> doesn't mean the sources are current from Aug. 9, of course...
>
> Exactly.
>
>> Jesus, can you clarify?
>
> I already sort of asked him.

I've sent another mail about this.

>> I'm almost tempted to suggest making NEEDLOADLINK the default,
>> since more people than I expected are running blindly into it.
>
> The changes I made to the Makefile are subtle. I've changed
>       .if ${OSVERSION} < 320001
> into
>       .if ${OSVERSION} <= 320001
> already.
>
> So, I don't expect any problems on -stable machines. -current is a
> different story altogether.

Yesterday i installed linux_base without problems on a 3.2-stable box:

FreeBSD ender.ncsa.es 3.2-STABLE FreeBSD 3.2-STABLE #1: Wed Aug  4 12:15:34
CEST 1999     root@ender.ncsa.es:/usr/src/sys/compile/ENDER  i386

If you want i can cvsup and make world for my current machine and see the
result.

Thanks
JesusR.