Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2012 15:02:40 +0000
From:      Jonathan Anderson <jonathan@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Andriy Gapon <avg@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org>, David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Subject:   Re: lib for working with graphs

I've used igraph in my research: http://igraph.sourceforge.net/. It's very full-featured, with attention to efficiency and sensible choices for (at least some) algorithms, but it is GPL'ed rather than BSD-licenced.

> And, big oops sorry, forgot one very important detail - it has to be C.

Does it have to *be* C, or does it have to be *interoperable with* C? For instance, igraph has a core C library to do the heavy lifting, but I'd never want to use it directly when exploring data sets because the Python wrapper API is so very convenient (and I can pop the resulting data into matplotlib).

Jon
--
Jonathan Anderson
jonathan@FreeBSD.org (mailto:jonathan@FreeBSD.org)