Date:      Tue, 11 May 1999 16:19:47 -0400
From:      "John Hermes" <jhermes@infoglobe.com>
To:        <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Any need for dedicated PCI lnc driver?

Hello,

Well, as most of you no doubt know, the lnc ethernet driver is broken for
PCNet/PCI chips again (it gives up when its memory
is allocated above 16Mb, due to ISA limits in the driver).

Would it be a good idea to strip a PCI-only lnc driver out of
the ISA source, so that the ISA limits don't apply?

I know this chip is not the best, but I inherited several
Dual Pentium 100 workstations with integrated motherboard devices, and I
need to keep them going since they are very stable and reliable SMP machines
(Intergraph TD-30s).

If no one wants to fix the ISA/PCI version, I would like to help extract a
PCI-only version.

Looking for opinions...

John Hermes              jhermes@infoglobe.com
Infoglobe, Inc.            (937) 225-9999 x317