Date:      Tue, 3 May 2011 21:09:40 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Dan Mahoney <dmahoney@isc.org>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <freebsd@jdc.parodius.com>
Cc:        pgollucci@freebsd.org, apache@freeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: bug in mod_auth_kerb port.

On Mon, 2 May 2011, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:

> On Tue, May 03, 2011 at 01:01:55AM +0000, Dan Mahoney wrote:
> > I just sent in a PR (haven't gotten the number back yet), whereby building
> > mod_auth_kerb against apache22 (and attempting to run) will yield this
> > error:
> >
> > httpd: Syntax error on line 106 of /usr/local/etc/apache22/httpd.conf:
> > Cannot load /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_auth_kerb.so into server:
> > /usr/local/libexec/apache22/mod_auth_kerb.so: Undefined symbol
> > "gsskrb5_register_acceptor_identity"
> >
> > I'm not very familiar with the code, but does this seem like an easy fix?
> > It works against the kerberos port, but not the base.
>
> Please see this thread in full, titled "mod_auth_kerb2":
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-apache/2011-April/002206.html
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-apache/2011-April/thread.html#2206

Okay so:

At present:

The port will appear to build fine with stock kerberos, and does not list
heimdal as a dependency.

Attempting to build it and including the extra library included in the
one-line-patch mentioned in this thread will make password based kerberos
auth work, but will make GSSAPI-ticket based kerberos authentication cause
the apache server child process to sig-11.

Ergo, this feels like a bug in the port itself.

As it happens, ISC uses these methods heavily -- I'm happy to capture
whatever data would help.  Is there anything more I can do on this?

-Dan Mahoney