Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 2001 22:26:31 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        Peter Jeremy <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>
Cc:        arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The whole libc thing.

In message <20010216161948.B70642@gsmx07.alcatel.com.au> Peter Jeremy writes:
: On 2001-Feb-15 20:17:51 -0700, Warner Losh <imp@village.org> wrote:
: >P.S.  I think that the following assembler would work for this on
: >i386.  Alpha might be different and the only other port to worry
: >about.  I might have an indirection error in here somewhere.
:
: I think the same approach would work on the Alpha, but the sizes are
: different - according to my calculations, FILE is 64 bytes larger
: on an Alpha - 10 pointers @ 4 bytes larger and 24 bytes of padding.

Yes.  The numbers would need to be different for the alpha.

Also, the assembler I posted is wrong.  I don't need a pointer to it,
I need a weak or strong reference.

Peter Wemm, Brian Feldman and I are hashing things out on IRC
#bsdcode, but so far are wishing for a +3 helm of understanding, or 10
minutes of jpd time :-)

Warner