Date:      Tue, 24 Jun 1997 08:11:08 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Sergey Pukach <pss@gloom.te.net.ua>
To:        rinunez@telcel.net.ve
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Strange Comment

> From: "=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ricardo_N=FA=F1ez?=" <rinunez@telcel.net.ve>
> To: "FreeBSD" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
> Subject: Strange Comment
> Date: Mon, 23 Jun 1997 22:49:56 -0400
>
> Dear gentlemen,
>
> While I´m running "xinit" I notice I receive sometimes in tty0:
>
> cmd XF86_SVGA pid 169 tried to use non_present SYSSVSHM
>
> What does it mean?

It mean what you don't compile into your kernel System V IPC code.
Take a glance at /usr/src/sys/i386/conf/LINT file:

-- cut --
# These three options provide support for System V Interface
# Definition-style interprocess communication, in the form of shared
# memory, semaphores, and message queues, respectively.
#
options		SYSVSHM
options		SYSVSEM
options		SYSVMSG