Date:      Wed, 1 Feb 1995 04:14:09 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh>
To:        hackers
Subject:   this is silly - really!

ok, just a quick straw poll.  how many people out there _really object_
when somebody sends them something in all lower-case, too lazy to even
capitalize after punctuation? this used to sort of bother me until finally
the light dawned yesterday and i understood - it's a lot *faster* to
type when you ignore case!  gee! revelation! :-)  now it's no coincidence
that all my very busiest friends all started doing this around the
same time! :-)

on the other hand, as you can plainly see, it looks kinda stupid.

it is certainly much faster to type, and you run into less run-on mistakes
where you get two letters cap'd and then you have to go back and muck it all
up for awhile until finally you can go on to the next word.  bah.

so what's the concensus?  go for fast but ugly or slower but more
elegant?  :-)

					jordan