Date:      Wed, 14 Aug 2002 07:19:27 +1000
From:      Peter Grehan <peterg@ptree32.com.au>
To:        freebsd-ppc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: White iBook success!

Hi Justin,

 Thanks for the boot log, and I'm happy to be wrong about the new kernel
not working :-)

> unin0: Version 192

 I think my Uninorth versioning code isn't quite right.

> macio0: <Pangea I/O Controller> mem 0x80000000-0x8007ffff at device 23.0

 The Pangea chip is recognised after all.

> acd0: DVD-ROM <MATSHITADVD-ROM SR-8176> at ata0-slave BIOSPIO
> I tried the CD with the old kernel, and the acd0 line never showed, which
> is probably why it wouldn't boot past that point.

 Yep, the new kernel enables probing of the ATA slave. The original
iBook has 3 ATA controllers, with the disk and CDROM on the master channel.
Looks like Pangea systems have a single controller, with the disk on
the master and the DVD/CDROM on the slave.

later,

Peter.