Date:      Wed, 15 Feb 1995 19:16:56 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@estienne.CS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        tom@haven.uniserve.com (Tom Samplonius)
Cc:        perry@imsi.com, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: BSD for DEC Alpha

> On Wed, 15 Feb 1995, Perry E. Metzger wrote:
>
> > since I monitor both operating systems), I'll note that the NetBSD
> > port to the DEC Alpha seems to have begun to be checked in to their
> > current CVS tree starting as of a night or two ago. I understand that
> > the kernel work is nearly finished but still a bit shakey, and that
>
>   Isn't NetBSD "shakey" on all platforms?
>
> Tom

No NetBSD bashing please.  I haven't even tried their PC port, so I won't
say what they do right or not.  I would like to see some of their cross
platform support integrated into FreeBSD though, and I don't think that
off hand comments like these are good for the relationship between the
two groups.

--
Justin T. Gibbs
TCS Instructional Group - Programmer/Analyst 1