Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 01:38:09 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <st@i-Plus.net>
To:        "Edwin Culp" <eculp@ver1.telmex.net.mx>, "Diana" <deichert@wrench.com>
Cc:        "Stephen A. Derdau" <sderdau@xtdl.com>, "David Hawkins" <dhawk@river.org>, <freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: How to lock out a nonpaying user?

From: Edwin Culp <eculp@ver1.telmex.net.mx>

>This is a very interesting thread, but the only creativity I've seen is
>how to quickly eliminate a customer.  Why not create a state of limbo

We currently disable accounts if payment is 5 days late.  It's suprising how
fast people bring/send in their payments.  In a year of operation, we
haven't lost a single customer due to our business practices.

Then again, our users are used to similar treatment from the city for their
utility bills, and from Bell Atlantic for their phone bills.

--
  Troy Settle                -- - -- - --          -- Got 'Net? --
  Network Administrator     | This Space |     Explore the world with