Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 11:49:14 +0100
From:      "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
To:        'Rasputin' <rasputin@shikima.mine.nu>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: 1.3 on netBSD?

Dear Rasputin,

http://www.kjkoster.org/java/ ? It's a bit out of date, though.

> If no-ones done it yet, can I check I'm not getting anyone in trouble
> (re: the upcoming binary release) if I have a go at porting it?
>
> (Obviously, I don't really expect to manage it, but blind optimism is
> always fun....)

If you'll look through Greg's patch set you will find that there are
numerous NetBSD related fixes in there already, as well as FreeBSD and
OpenBSD ones. I haven't heard from the NetBSD people lately, but I'm sure
that they are still lurking on the other java porting mailing lists. Send
mail to Nate Williams to arrange access to the CVS repo.

If you want to work on porting the JDK to NetBSD, please do so. :^)
http://www.freebsd.org/java/howhelp.html.

    Kees Jan