Date:      Wed, 27 Jun 2012 07:38:18 +0700
From:      Erich Dollansky <erichfreebsdlist@ovitrap.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Cc:        Natacha =?utf-8?b?UG9ydMOp?= <natbsd@instinctive.eu>
Subject:   Re: How can I help with thinkpad x220 issues?

Hi,

On Tuesday 26 June 2012 16:32:18 Natacha Port=C3=A9 wrote:

I have also an X220. My experience differs a bit.

The machine:

=46reeBSD X220.ovitrap.com 10.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT #4: Thu Jun 21=
 14:29:15 WIT 2012

>   *  power button doesn't work: I'm used (on desktops too) to have ACPI
> somehow make it so that pressing the power button triggers a clean
> system shutdown, but it's not the case on my X220. Pressing the power
> button for several seconds does trigger a hard power off, but that's not
> what I'm interested in.
>=20
Both behaviours work. When I press the power button shortly, the machine sh=
uts down. When I keep it pressed for a few seconds, the power is switched o=
ff.

>   *  Disk led is never on, even when there is heavy disk activity.
> That's a very minor annoyance, but it would still be nice to see it
> solved.
>=20
Disk led works as expected.

>   *  "Fn"+"Fsomething" keys don't work, except for "Fn"+F4: I would
> consider them as functional if they sent some events to X (like
> "Fn"+arrows correctly send XF86AudioPlay, XF86AudioPrev, XF86AudioNext
> and XF86AudioStop) or if they were acted upon directly (like "Fn"+PgUp
> correctly switches the ThinkLight).

The light seems to be switched by the hardware or BIOS  as it generates no =
event.

The keys for display brightness up and down also do not generate an event o=
n my machine.
>=20
>   *  Something seems wrong with beeps (system bell): the first beep
> after booting sounds normal, but the following ones seem much faster
> (higher pitch and shorter), as if the sampling rate was suddenly much
> higher.

I did not notice this.

Erich