Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 11:57:21 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Cillian Sharkey <cillian@psn.ie>
To:        Andy Doran <ad@netbsd.org>
Cc:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Strange problem with NFS

> >     Looks like a firewall to me.  Either a firewall in a router
> >     sitting between the hosts, or an ipfw setup sitting on one or the
> >     other host.
>
> I set up the NFS server in question ages ago. I haven't looked at the
> problem, but... The server does use ipfw. The broken client is on the same
> subnet as the working ones and nothing in the server's ipfw ruleset refers
> directly to the broken client.

I can confirm this. The 1st 3 ipfw rules on server :

00100 allow ip from any to any via lo0
00200 deny ip from any to 127.0.0.0/8
02000 allow ip from 192.168.0.0/24 to 192.168.0.0/24 via fxp0

(192.168.0.0/24 is subnet both client and server are on and fxp0 is
internal NIC)

there is no ipfw/ipfilter setup on the client, everything is open..

Cillian