Date:      Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:22:34 -0500 (EST)
From:      Wesley Morgan <morganw@chemikals.org>
To:        mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   wicontrol/ifconfig parameter migration

In tune with the move from using wicontrol to ifconfig options, I tried
setting the media/mediaopt with ifconfig, which promptly kills my card...

Normally I use "wicontrol -p 3"

Using "ifconfig wi0 mediaopt adhoc" kills everything, and shows "no
carrier" etc etc and nothing works. Using wicontrol again brings the card
back to life.

Card is a lucent wavelan gold with the 8.72.1 firmware.