Date:      Mon, 2 Nov 2020 22:51:12 -0800
From:      Rudy <crapsh@monkeybrains.net>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   VXLAN - ISPs using it? List of hardware that supports offloading?

Are there any ISPs terminating VXLAN tunnels on FreeBSD boxes?

My plan is to create a dozen vxlan interfaces, than add them all into a
bridge and put my 'shared' DHCP pool on the bridge and have a shared GW
ip on the bridge.

I noticed the Chelsio cards support VXLAN offloading.  Is that
important?  I'm hoping to push about 5 Gbps through the box, centralize
IPv4 management and have a mix of publicly routable and 100.64 IPs in
the DHCP pool (first come).

If anyone has any example / tuning tips, please point me that way. I
mostly see links related to jails / virtual machines, but I am more
interested in tunneling remote VLANs back to the data center.

Thanks,
Rudy