Date:      Tue, 21 Feb 2012 14:43:46 +0400
From:      Andrey Chernov <ache@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG, emulation@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: linux-f10-flashplugin11 not works for 9-stable (Linuxulator?)

On Tue, Feb 21, 2012 at 12:07:46PM +0200, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
> Andrey Chernov wrote:
> > Just in case it may help somebody: the cause (but not the root) of the
> > problem is found and workaround too.
> >
> > The cause of the problem is
> > ::1                     localhost localhost.my.domain
> > line from our _standard_ /usr/src/etc/hosts which comes first before
> > 127.0.0.1               localhost localhost.my.domain
> > line.
> >
> > Linux takes the first match on localhost, i.e. ::1, then tries
> >          8605 npviewer.bin STRU  struct sockaddr { AF_INET6, [::1]:6010 }
> > it was last command from npviewer.bin, then it immeditelly terminates:
> >          8605 npviewer.bin RET   linux_socketcall -1 errno 4 Interrupted system call
> >          8605 npviewer.bin PSIG  SIGTERM SIG_DFL code=0x10001
> >
> > The workaround is to switch lines order in /etc/hosts, i.e.
> >          127.0.0.1 localhost
> >          ::1 localhost
> > to make IPv4 one comes first. Flash works afterwards.
> >
> > The bug affects IPv6-enabled machines with IPv4 over IPv6 preferred or
> > maybe IPv4 too I don't know, but since we don't have such reports in mass,
> > I think IPv4-only setup is fine.
>
> Can you clarify this a bit? I have at least one machine with vanilla
> /etc/hosts connected to IPv4/IPv6 network (i.e. some internal hosts
> resolve to IPv6) and flash works fine there.

I can't - I don't know why npviewer.bin is killed by SIGTERM immediatelly
when it socketcall to [::1]:6010 in Linuxulator and why it works
normally when it socketcall to 127.0.0.1:6010. I remember when I had
FF 7, Flash works with ::1 first, but Linuxulator not yet have any length
checks at those times as it have now (or perhaps other recent fixes).

> The DEPEND list on www/nspluginwrapper lists ftp/curl as a dependence.
> And this port can be built without IPv6. Can you check your ports
> configuration about enabling IPv6 support?

This is not the case, all my ports which have IPv6 capability
are builded with IPv6 as the system too.

--
http://ache.vniz.net/